Welcome back to me!
Wow it seems I haven't blogged for about less than a year. Where did all the time go?!
So I can say that 2011 has been quite a year for me. It's the first time that I actually feel like an adult. The first reason is that I've gotten an opportunity to reflect and just question the bigger purpose of life, and dig into my religion, and see the beauty it has for our hearts. The second reason being that I'm making decisions for myself, and not simply going with parents. And these are not small decisions, these are big decisions that need deciding.
I've also learned some deeps lessons through friendships and relationships. I hope I will be wise enough to remember them and USE them in the future.
I haven't gone too crazy with school or work. I barely worked this year and spent time figuring out priorities. Even though it wasn't the best thing for someone like parents, I know I was meant to go through this stage and it has actually made me a better person. So with fall here, I've gotten a more bold idea of what I need to do for the future.
I gained some weight during the summer, simply because I didn't have too much movement in my life caused by work or other activities, and then came Ramadan. Where it was feasting each evening, so my stomach got bigger. I need to get back to those couch exercises at home. They are conveniently easy to do at home, and I am more than sure they will make a difference for me.
I've learned to find peace in my loneliness, more than ever. It's the hardships that bring us closer to God, and it's God that places us in peace with ourselves. I really liked a line I read in Muhammad Yunus's book recently that said "When a crisis is at its deepest, it can offer a huge opportunity". Although he was talking from a business perspective, this statement serves very true on an individual basis. I know it did for me.
At the moment, I'm in a dilemma about pursuing the main purpose of my life and a married life. I want both, but I know, the former is equally important. We all die alone, so we have to do something for ourselves, because we wouldn't have lived at all.
So I continue with this dilemma, and lots of tasks to be done this semester. By December, we will see where we are, and what decisions need to be made. Who knows, we all might be surprised ;)
0 comments:
Post a Comment