I need some land!
I didn't think I would come to see it this way, but I've reached a point where I'm getting annoyed for always explaining where my body and blood come froms. I always got excited and wanted to "educate" others who would ask me where I am from.
I can continue to do this, I don't mind - but until when? :)
In some cases where I mentioned Balochistan or Baloch, their puzzled face is exciting. Yet, right after I mention three countries - Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iran - it's a sigh of relief," ohhh". Then the urge to know more or what I am about to say dies down. It's interesting how people refuse to look silly or unaware;"Oh of course I know what you're talking about, I know what Afghanistan and Iran is". As soon as we find something we are knowledgable about, knowing more isn't necessary. We don't want to look silly with any "unknown". Of course I'm smart enough to that.
I wish it wasn't so - I wish people would put their ego and self pride aside and listen to the full story. I actually do want to tell you the story.
I want to have a map, and on that map I want to point to Balochistan - but I can't! Still no one has any idea. I need a land, I need a spot on that map to point to. I am not Iranian, Pakistani or Afghani. I don't associate to any of these cultures! I don't have anything against them, but I don't need them! Just because I was placed within these borders doesn't mean I breath-eat Iranian. Don't tell me "ohh so your Pakistan...Ohh so you're Iranian". Just because you are knowledgable about where Iran is, don't be ignorant to place me in these borders so you can keep your pride and not look "silly" with something of the unknown.
Then there is the situation where people just assume your east-Indian or something else because of your skin colour. Can you tell the difference between a person of Japanese or Chinese descent, for the most part no. So please be kind and don't do the same with me. But the Japanese has the right to make her argument, because she has a place on the map.
0 comments:
Post a Comment