My closeness
Well Ramadan is over, but as repeated by many Imams and sheikhs - that we should continue some of our good habits(prayer) after Ramadan is done. But for the majority, sustaining those habits might take a back seat. I can say this because I've been one of those people every year. But this year, yes I am saying that with some honesty, I would like to continue with those habits.
I actually wanted to strengthen my Emaan(faith) this time around. I need to. My relationship with the Almight has changed, and I am beyond grateful :) There are couple of things that have come up in my mind due to the bond created with Allah (swt). They include:
-That there are so many temporary things in this world. Black leather boots, the mercedes, the shiniest dress at the party; are all for today.
-That although the relationship with my parents, family, and friends remain - He has brought me, and He will take me back. That my parents, are not mine. My greatest relationship should be,and will be for Him
-My career, my education is important because my religion, the Almighty has encouraged and has given me the oppurtunity to acquire all this knowledge. For my benefit of course
-So the simple things that come up in life; people who stare because they were born with a different shade of skin that might be more valued and society, actually don't have a right to stare. Like Baba Ali said, "And if that girl thinks she's better than you, just remember her po*p smells as bad as yours" (sounds inappropriate maybe, but it makes the point!)
-That some people who have claimed to be "religious" for the longest time, their belief in the Almighty isn't actually that strong. Posing as good people with the use of religion, is never worthwhile.
I know how important my relationship with Him is. And with this, I actually look forward to the hurdles life might bring because He knows better and He will test us with what we can handle.
0 comments:
Post a Comment