Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Wiser when unemployed

While being an unemployed student for 4 months - I did gain something, besides money of course.


The thought of not having an income during that time really frightened me, but then I got used to it, and managed to survive with the amount I had for a longer time than I thought. But along the way, I started getting real cheap to find alternatives for things that might cost alot. So this is how I learned to be cheap:

I decided to really start taking care of my skin-
so I youtube'd videos and found 2 ways to make a home-made facial mask that would probably cost me $4
I decided to regularly steam my face instead of spending big bucks on creams that only "claim" to get the job done, because steaming works great girls!:)
I went running outside(instead of a monthly gym fee)
I've started following a work out that's quite easy and doesn't take long(got it from youtube)
I'm still trying to take a snack/lunch from home so I don't spend $5 on $1 worth sandwich

Yes, this might be a silly blog or thing to write about, but I'm sure it teach someone else to be cheaper, because while a student it's the way to go ;)

0 comments:

Blogger template 'YellowFlower' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008