Monday, January 4, 2010

For the moment!

So one of my brother's close friends from high school had been going through a lot because his dad was diagnosed with cancer. So earlier this year, I always planned to go see his family. Maybe my mom and I can go visit them one day, as they were Afghan and the language barrier wouldn't be that great - because my mom speaks farsi. But my brother didn't make the opportunity-to-happen easy. I guess that was one of the reasons it just took forever. And then things go busy at home and got sunk into our own lives and the idea was forgotten.

It's interesting that since yesterday I had been thinking about how I need to sit down for an hour and just plan one or two things that a must-do for the coming year. And while on the bus I just started reflecting on my own life and all the situations in it. And then just a while ago, we got the news that that boy's father had passed away. I felt a sudden guilt. There is a limit to procrastination right? Yes we can procrastinate a paper and getting sending an e-mail, but this one didn't allow for any procrastination. Now he is no more. Now this young man is alone, the only son in the family with a mother who is also ill now.

So it allows me to further reflect on how to "live". So live for the moment I tell you and myself. Because that person from today will be gone while you blink. And of course, be grateful. This is one of the biggest things that I have put in my heart. Be grateful, for kal ho na ho...

Every time you suppress some part of yourself or allow others to play you small, you are in essence ignoring the owner's manual your creator gave you and destroying your design - Oprah

2 comments:

Varaidzo1

I like this post naz. you offer some really wise words. you are so beautiful! I'm so happy about you reflecting on your life and making plans and of course..being grateful we have to be grateful. Hun, i miss you. Your words are true and beautiful!

Imo

Varaidzo1

..oh also looove the quote by Oprah. =)

Blogger template 'YellowFlower' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008